Hey there, stranger!
As you can tell by the title of this post, my life has been a little crazy lately. For a period of time I was very good about posting on a regular basis, but lately I’ve had to prioritize other aspects of my life. It makes me sad to realize I’ve been away from my blog for so long, but I’ll do my best to get back in the swing of things.
In case you missed it, my most recent post was a review of Smile Brilliant. While the contest has ended, you can still purchase a whitening kit using the code “allisonspaige” to get 10% off your order. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions about Smile Brilliant; I’d love to chat with you about my experience!
A lot has happened since the beginning of August! Let’s play catch up!
- One of the biggest and most exciting things that kept me busy was a half marathon! My mom, sister and I traveled to Vancouver, British Columbia and ran the Lululemon SeaWheeze Half Marathon! Oh. My. Gosh. Vancouver was gorgeous and the race was incredibly fun! I plan to do a whole post about this at another time with more details. I am so excited to document this experience and share more with you all. Vancouver is now one of my favorite cities and I am dying to go back!
- As some of you may know, my first job out of college was with a marketing agency located in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex. I was happy with my job and really liked my coworkers! You know what they say: expect the unexpected. God opened a new door and presented me with an opportunity that I chose to pursue. Even though I love my new job, I will always be thankful for my time at the marketing agency!
- On September 9 I turned 24 (whoah, it feels weird to say that)! I had an early birthday celebration with my parents at a yummy placed called Mesero. We each had an amazing margarita and our dinner was just as good as they looked! Since I wasn’t going to be home on my actual birthday my parents were so generous to celebrate my birthday early! We ended the night with Sprinkles – what could be better?! I spent my birthday weekend in Fayetteville cheering on the Hogs! Let me tell you, it’s a ton of fun to have a birthday on a game day! We woke up early to tailgate before the 2:30 pm game. I arrived at the tailgate to find a sweet surprise from my parents – cute Razorback cupcakes and my favorite tie dye cookies from Rick’s, a delicious local bakery. Everyone at the tailgate made sure I had a fun birthday! Our friend is the Jell-O shot queen (but really, she makes SO many for every occasion and they are SO delicious) and she came prepared! She even brought whipped cream and sprinkles to celebrate my birthday! Even though the Hogs couldn’t pull off a win, it was a super fun day. I was able to see friends who I hadn’t seen in a long time, and those are moments I will always cherish. Fayetteville will always have a piece of my heart and it was special to celebrate my 24th birthday in the town I called home for four years!
- As most of you know, I’m a Razorback (WOO PIG SOOIE!). I’m a lone Razorback in an Aggie family. My brother, sister, brother-in-law, aunt, uncle and 2 cousins are all Aggies. I guess you could say I’m the smartest family member for picking the University of Arkansas 😉 Anyway, the Arkansas Razorback versus Texas A&M football game is always a good one. Even though the Razorbacks have lost the last few years, it’s a fun family rivalry weekend. My parents are awesome and always wear clothes to support both schools! To say the weekend was fun would be an understatement. The weekend is full of food, football and fun (okay, that sounded a little cheesy but is the truth). Fingers crossed that the Hogs are able to pull off a win next year!
- This born & raised Dallas girl FINALLY went to her first Dallas Cowboys football game! For my birthday Wade told me he would take me to my first game this year. BEST. EXPERIENCE. EVER. I cried walking into the stadium and when the team ran on the field. We went to watch the Cowboys play the Rams and even though the Cowboys lost, I had the time of my life! Going to a Cowboys game at AT&T Stadium is an experience like no other. It gave me chills to see how many dedicated fans come together to cheer on the best team in the NFL. Shoutout to our friend Taylor for letting us go on the field briefly before the game. The view from the field is indescribable and I can’t even imagine what it’s like to play in that stadium!
- I am a big fan of HGTV’s Fixer Upper and Chip + Joanna Gaines. I love their taste in homes and the way they’re able to transform a fixer upper home into a dream home. Last year I posted about my trip to Magnolia Market. This year my mom and I went back for their Silobration, Magnolia’s annual birthday celebration. I’m glad my mom and I had previously gone because the lines for the shop and bakery were ridiculously long! Instead of waiting in those lines, we spent our time looking at each of the booths for the 80+ vendors that were hand-picked by Joanna. Our weekend was incredibly busy because after we spent the day in Waco, we headed back to Dallas and went to the State Fair to see Pat Green! Pat Green is my mom’s favorite so when we heard he was going to be at the State Fair we thought it would be fun to go! There weren’t assigned seats for the concert, so we were able to make our way up pretty close to the front of the stage. He was a very entertaining performer and made it a fun night!
- Since it’s football season and we love the Hogs (even though they break our hearts), we took another trip to Fayetteville in October. Every season is beautiful in Arkansas, especially fall. The drive from Texas takes you through hills with gorgeous scenery that surrounds you. No matter which direction you look you see trees with bright orange, deep red and rusty yellow leaves. The cool air and crisp breeze make you want to drink coffee and snuggle under a blanket. This time the Hogs played Auburn and sadly they lost again. One of my favorite traditions that the U of A has is engraving each graduate’s name in the sidewalk. The university just finished engraving the graduating class of 2016, so we were able to find our names which was really cool – they’ll be there forever!
- Like I mentioned above, I have multiple Aggies in my family. My brother is a senior at TAMU and had his first ring dunk. For those of you who aren’t familiar with this tradition, they dunk their class ring (which is a big deal) in a pitcher of beer. They then drink the pitcher as fast as they possibly can to get their ring at the bottom. I’m a proud sister because it only took Trav 14 seconds to drink the entire pitcher, without spilling a drop might I add, and finished first in his group! It was fun to meet some of my brother’s friends and be in College Station to not only support him, but also spend time with him.
As you can tell, it’s been a pretty busy past few months. Of course I’ve been busy doing other things that I didn’t list above, but I just thought I would share the highlights and document some of my recent adventures.
I’m super excited it’s finally fall. This morning we started a fire and snuggled under blankets with coffee and mimosas in hand; too bad I can’t start every day like that!
Again, I’m sad that I haven’t been blogging as much lately. For those of you who stop by to read what is going on or even skim a post here and there, thank you! I enjoy blogging about what’s going on and sharing some of life’s most memorable moments.